Sunday, April 1, 2007

Oh No, It's Officially April

Well, for most people April might mean various things, such as the beginning of spring, warmer weather, more time to spend outside, but for me it means that we are in the thick of Tax Season. I am very glad that there are only 4 Saturdays in April this year, as the last two years have had 5, and that does tend to be exhausting as we are required to work Saturdays in April. We do get to wear jeans though (as if that's supposed to make it all better).
The weather here has been so fickel, one is never sure how to dress or how to dress a 4 year old boy. Maybe a 4 year old girl would be easier because they would stay out of the mud more, wouldn't they? I'm actaully not sure about that but it sounds good in theory doesn't it.
We had our 4th and final horse sale for this season this weekend, and all in all I think that it went fairly well. As I said the weather has been funny, so when I went to the sale on Saturday with a neighbour I was really glad that he was driving a big dodge 4x4 because it had snowed on Friday night, and froze hard to the road, and there were cars in the ditch everywhere. Then as it started to warm up the snow turned to slush and as you can imagine at a rodeo and horse sale with big trucks and trailers and horses everywhere, everything turned to slime.
After the sale when Cache was unfortunately unattended by both of his parents, he and his wise cousin Jace decided to play outside in the Auction yard. This would have been a good idea on a warm sunny day, bun not yesterday considering it was so muddy that truck tires were actually sinking into the mud when they were parked. Below you will see pictures of what Cache and Jace looked like after they were discovered.


Bernie actually took his (I mean Cache's) socks, boots, and jeans off, and Cache had to sit there and wait while Auntie Maria ran to Tisdale to get the boys a new pair of pants. I am so much like my mother that I couldn't even look when Bernie brought him in from outside, and Bonnie had to take these pictures, because I couldn't bear to look, and I worried that I might have a fit on Cache in public if I saw how dirty he was.

Bernie sold a horse at the sale yesterday, and got what he wanted for it, and the other one passed, because the bid's on him didn't go high enough, and he thought that he was worth more.

Well, that's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still reading your blog so keep up the good work. I even went to comment on "Bernies Stupid Blog" but it has restricted access.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Let the boy be a boy, and forget about what your mother would do or say. She was just blessed with 4 wonderful daughters.