Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Things that rustle in the night

Well, it has finally started to warm up a bit. I haven't noticed too much except for when I have to go up to the front to get the next income tax file that I have to work on, I see less snow, and people wearing less than they were 2 weeks ago. I like it when it starts to warm up, but sometimes in April I wish that it would just stay cold, so that it wasn't so hard to have to go to work when you would rather stay home and enjoy the warm day.

I have been feeling good, and all of the doctors that I am seeing are still fairly happy with my numbers, and are still making some changes to my insulin dosages. But all in all I think that the pump is making a big difference in this pregnancy. I am feeling lots of movement now, but everytime I try to let Cache feel the baby kicking it stops. Sibling rivalry already?

I had quite a night last night. Bernie got home from roping at 1:45 a.m., and I woke up when he came in, so I started talking to him. Then I could not go back to sleep. I got up, went to the bathroom, came back to bed and read for about an hour, but knowing that I had to go to work in the morning I turned off my light and tried to go to sleep. I laid there for a while longer, and then all of the sudden I heard a sound like a chip bag rustling. I quickly jabbed Bernie and told him that there was a mouse in our room. He got up and went to get a trap from downstairs, and set it up in the hall closet, because we had seen the mouse run out of the room when we turned the light on. He climbed back into bed and promptly went back to sleep, but me... I was more awake than before, and a little scared that it might find it's way onto our bed (it happened to my friend) So I laid there in the dark a little while longer, and then again I heard the rustling sound. I jabbed Bernie again and yelled "There is still a mouse in my room!!!" Once again he turned on the light, and this time he went and got the trap and put it right in our room on my side of the bed, because that is where we had been hearing it. Then again he turned off the light and went back to sleep. By now the baby was doing a gymnastics routine and so was my heart, and I was even further from sleep than I had been before. Now not only was there a mouse in my room but it might find it's way into the live trap, and then it would be making frantic noises trying to get out of it, and that is a really annoying sound that I really didn't want to deal with in the night. I finally drifted to sleep, and by the time that my alarm went off in the morning I must have been dreaming about the budget that I was working on when I left work the night before, because every time I hit snooze I was just making a slight adjustment to the budget. Consequently I just kept making adjustments and ended up sleeping until 7:30 and I have to leave by 8:00. When I complained to Bernie about my poor night sleep, all he had to say was "Well, why were you still awake when I got home?" I don't think that it should take a rocket scientist to know that he woke me up, I wasn't waiting up for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, I'm glad it's you and not me. I guess there is a benefit to having a cat in the house. Glad to see you updating your blog, I checked yesterday and there was nothing, but I do still check once in a while.

Crystal