Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back At It


I really like the whole idea of blogging, and letting people who want to see know what we are busy with.


We have completed our move to AB, but I have yet to encounter a change that is easy. I went to get a mail box before anything else, because I thought that I would need it in order to get, for example, a phone, a cell phone, or anything of that sort. The lady at the post office told me that I would have to have something with my current address on it. I looked at her like she was crazy, because that was why I was there... to get an address to put on things. I don't remember how I got around that one, but I did, and now I have a post office box. The next thing was getting a phone, and Telus couldn't seem to find me on their grid. I had the legal land location, a lot-block-plan address, and the 911 number at the end of the driveway, as well as the phone number of the last person that lived here, and they told me that I was going to have to get them more information. I was at a loss as to what more I could get them, so I just kept trying until I finally connected with a lady that just did it, and boy can I tell you, I was happy to have a phone.


Then the other day the newest thing started. I needed to get an Alberta driver's licence, because my Saskatchewan on expires at the end of December. I went in and the lady told me that I would have to have something to prove that I live in Alberta. I can understand this so I asked her what kindof proof would work. She told me that I could use a current Alberta Driver's Licence. ... ... ... I could have punched her in the nose. THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR!!! So we finally decided that I would have to go the the bank and have them print me off a statement with my new address, and that might work. So then I went back and got the whole process started again, and they told me that I was going to need my legal land location. I of course have this, but it is written on a piece of paper at home on the refrigerator. So I left there without a licence. On the 2nd of January, after my licence had expired I had Bernie drive me in with my land location in hand. Then when I got there they started the whole thing again, and then they noticed that I had a code on my licence that indicates that I have a medical issue. So as it turns out, since I have let my Saskatchewan drivers expire I will need to go in for a medical before they can issue me a licence.


You can't tell me everything is better and easier here in Alberta. But I'm sure that it will get better... It can't get worse. Can IT?


Now, enough whining. My children are doing fine. Zoe is rolling all the way over, or should I say she can, because most of the time she ends up on her stomach, and then she gets really mad because she doesn't like it there. She's funny. She is full of smiles, drool and lots of talking. She is always making me and Cache laugh during the day. She sleeps all night long, and that sure is a blessing.


Cache and I have been doing a small amount of school work at home, because I'm still not sure if I'm actually going to send him to school here for Kindergarten, because of the long bus ride, and the fact that I will have to drive him in or pick him up every day, because the kindergarten is only half days every day.


Bernie is loving his new job, and there are lots of opportunities for him to learn lots and advance in any and all areas that he wants to. They seem to be happy with him at the barn. Next week he has an opportunity to go to Kelowna to look at a horse, and spend a few days riding with the guy who has been training it.


I too, am doing fine other than the frustrations that I have experienced, but my sister Crystal would say that it just makes for a good story, and I do love a good story, and the fun is always in the telling, and the retelling. I know that this is where God wants us right now, so I find peace in that, and I look forward to seeing just why it is that he has brought us to this place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know I like a good story. I will tell it here to all my friends. I like the blog idea but want to see more pictures.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

You just don't realize how good you have it there in the foothills of Alberta. You are truly blessed. Plus, you might eventually get to go to a FLAMES game (with your father, of course). Have a good one! :)

nadine jenine said...

Mom read it but didn't figure out how to comment yet. ;)

Perhaps all your trouble is the reason Shane waited so long to become an AB resident. ;)

Anonymous said...

The kids are looking cuter than ever...sorry you are having so many identity issues!
Love you all,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good story, it felt like you were here telling it in person. I had to smile to myself many times and even laughed out loud a few times. Keep up the correspondence.
Gayle

Anonymous said...

Amber, You are so funny. Cache and Zoe are so big I can't wait to see them soon. I miss you guys.
Heidi